Kelato SwellDOWN 2.25kg
or make 4 interest-‐free payments of $9.37 fortnightly with More info
Kelato SwellDOWN Is a fast-acting clay poultice which contains active ingredients that aid in cooling and reduction of inflammation and swelling. The combination of clay, esssential oils and minerals allows SwellDOWN to have a cooling effect on the skin. Perfect As A Prevention In Tightening Loose Joints.SwellDOWN contains NO substances in concentrations that breach the rules of racing.
When do they need it?
- After training, trialling and post-race
- After exercise (especially on hard or heavy ground)
- After events
- First sign of inflammation
- Can be used to draw out stone bruises
How does it work?
The combination of wet clay, essential oils and minerals in SwellDOWN has a cooling effect on the skin. Heat produced by exercise or injury is drawn out at a rapid rate, limiting hypoxic (lack of oxygen) damage and reducing the risk of oedema (fluid retention) and muscle damage, thereby aiding recovery.
- Magnesium Sulphate: Delivers the cooling drawing action to lessen pain
- Potassium Aluminium Sulphate: Works to 'tighten' the leg, keeping swelling and inflammation at a minimum
- Calcium Carbonate: Adjusts the poultice to the correct pH level
- Oil of Peppermint and Eucalyptus:
- Reduces muscle pain and inflammation
- Creates a cooling sensation; keeps horse is comfortable during treatment
- Antiseptic properties help to disinfect any minor cuts/abrasions present under poultice.
- Glycerine: A humectant (retains moisture) which softens & moisturises the skin. Reduces itchiness
- Wet montmorillonite clay: Binds the actives together and keeps them wet, so effective for longer
Features and Benefits:
- Best poultice on the Australian market!
- Fully disclosed ingredients
- Contains NO substances in concentrations which breach the rules of racing
- Easy ready-to-use formula
- Lead free: safe to use over broken skin
- Washes off easily with water
- Works quickly and effectively
- Non-toxic and non-irritating
- Aluminium Silicate
- Calcium Carbonate
- Magnesium Sulphate (Epsom Salts)
- Potassium Aluminium Sulphate (Alum)
- Oil of Peppermint
- Oil of Eucalyptus
- Montmorrillonite clay
Directions for Use:
- Cleanse the area thoroughly.
- To assist as a preventative after racing, competition or heavy exercise, coat targeted area with SwellDOWN
To relieve soreness and swelling, and for maximum results:
- Cover area to be treated with a liberal amount of SwellDOWN
- Wrap with moist paper (preferably brown paper or newspaper)
- Apply Kelato's EnduroWRAP cohesive bandage to hold in place
- Leave in place for 2 to 4 hours then wash off with water, ensuring all SwellDOWN is removed
- May be used daily
- To draw out stone bruises and for general hoof soreness, pack bottom of hoof with SwellDOWN and hold in place with moist paper (preferably brown paper) and hoof boots
**LIMIT APPLICATION TO ONCE EVERY 24 HOURS**